Friday, March 4, 2011

Council Elections Coming Soon!


Oh dear I can tell it must be that time again as it seems every day I find more political brochures at my door.   On the 5th of May all the Borough's 57 council seats will be up for election. 

Interested to find out more about my local councillors, I have actually been reading through every bit of info I receive and anything else I can get my hands on.

Unfortunately all I seem to find from the usual parties is information about national party politics.  Now the Thames Tattler is hardly a party hack, but I've been around politics long enough to know the local councillors have nothing to do with decisions made at the national level.  

Current RBWM Councillors - How about some news about what you've actually accomplished since the last election?   To new candidates - why are you standing and why should I vote for you?   Seems to me too many of you are resting on your laurels riding the party train.  Don't forget, "High trees catch lots of wind." (Dutch proverb).   Dearest councillors, you are little shrubs, not trees.

  Bring yourselves back down to the realities of the job you will be doing if elected please...

No comments:

Post a Comment